2017 is all about new beginnings, turning over a new leaf and let’s be honest shedding some unwanted weight from 2015! If you are struggling to lose the weight, here are 5 common roadblocks that often can be blamed for not shedding that last 10 (or 20, 30 or 40!)
- Skipping Meals: Everyone usually thinks that avoiding meals is the same as saving calories, but often times this completely backfires. And you’ll be so hungry later on you’ll eat the skipped meal’s calories plus more! Stick to a schedule of pre-planned meals to help keep calories in control.
- Forgetting About Exercise: Making sure to add exercise in to your food goals is extremely important. Setting realistic goals and sticking to them is an important companion to altering your diet. Regular exercise will not only help burn some calories, but will also keep you relaxed and focused on goals.
- Not Cooking Enough: Again, this MAY seem counter intuitive, but what we really mean is making sure to make meals at home. Eating out can leave your meals full of extra sodium, fat, and calories. If you cook at home you know exactly what goes into each meal you make. Trust us your diet will thank you.
- Surfing the Web: Don’t rely on the internet at your sole source of information! While it can be a great place to get ideas, its filled with people’s opinions, misinformation and made up stories! For reliable information trust the experts…dietitians, nutritionists, chiropractors, doctors, nurses, personal trainers. Let’s put it this way, pretty much anyone with a degree. Plus, you shouldn’t just be sitting surfing the web…get up, move around and exercise or make some meals for tomorrow. Surfing the web doesn’t burn any calories.
- You Don’t Have a Plan: A little planning goes a long…long way, especially when it pertains to weight loss. Planning, setting goals and thinking about what you want to accomplish can make all the difference in your quest to be your best self in 2016!